SEO Is Our Most Popular Service
Once a website is launched, the next step is to use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to make it appear in the search results and outrank its competitors. Most of the clients who come to us already have a website, but aren’t seeing the results they were hoping for.
Creating a website is one thing, but making sure potential clients actually see that website in their search results takes ongoing effort and management. It’s one of our most popular services at SuCoWeb.
— What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is the process of affecting the visibility of a website in a search engine’s unpaid, or “organic”, results. Google is the most popular search engine by far, followed by Bing, Yahoo and a number of minor engines.
SEO is complex (here’s a more detailed guide) but it’s not rocket science. The greatest skill in SEO is taking the established rules of marketing and applying to this modern forum. The basic rules stay the same:
- Have a good, reasonably priced product or service
- Communicate its benefits clearly, simply and attractive
- Get people talking about you
- Give people a reason to choose you over others.
Of course, you need someone who knows how to take these simple rules and apply them correctly online. That’s where we come in.
— The Most Important Elements of SEO
- On-Page SEO: correctly use titles, descriptions, headings, and keywords
- Structured Data: accurately use machine readable data and schema
- Backlinks: properly build them and confirm that the ones already there are helpful
- Technical SEO: actively ensure site health and site speed
- Responsive Design: correctly displaying the website on any device
If you’re a small business serving a local area, you’ll want to learn about Local SEO and how to make it work for you.
— “White Hat” Vs “Black Hat” SEO
“White hat” SEO is doing things the right way. It can take time but it will pay off. It’s what we do all day.
“Black hat” is doing things the wrong way. Buying backlinks, breaking search engines rules and sometimes the law. It can be very effective in the short term, but in the long-term it will hurt you and can even outright destroy your business.
To be blunt – black hat SEO is stupid. There’s no safe way of doing it, and anyone who offers to do it for you should be ignored.